[OpenAFS-devel] Re: aklog on OS X does not contact KDC to obtain AFS serivce principal

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 31 Jul 2014 15:26:23 -0500

On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 16:06:57 -0400
D Brashear <shadow@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 3:58 PM, Marcus Crestani <
> crestani@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

> > Does anybody know why the OpenAFS.pkg installer for OS X installs
> > krb5-weak.conf?  This is a bug, right?

Not a bug in and of itself, but it sure can be buggy...

> No. It's supposed to add your config and this one (which is supported)
> but presumably the logic in aklog which assembles said KRB5_CONF
> environment is failing somehow.

The darwin "default" KRB5_CONFIG we have in the tree now just looks for
the edu.mit.Kerberos paths; it doesn't look for /etc/krb5.conf. Is there
still no way to ask libkrb5 what the default krb5.conf paths are? (And
is this still needed on the newest OS X? Is there a point where we can
get rid of shipping that file and just rely on the relevant libkrb5
call?)

Marcus, I assume it would also work if you used
/Library/Preferences/edu.mit.Kerberos instead of /etc/krb5.conf for your
actual configuration. Not that that's your fault or anything, but just
mentioning it.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net