[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS client Kernel Crash

Randy Philipp randy@umbc.edu
Thu, 27 Mar 2014 13:48:07 -0400

--------------060005000204040501000103

Thanks, I will try that out.  Any thoughts on the mount options, would
noatime, etc cause any problems?

Randy Philipp
randy@umbc.edu

Harald Barth wrote:

>> Also, this server is part of a Bright Cluster and there is an rsync from
>> the disk image during bootup.  I can exclude the /usr/vice/cache
>> directory to prevent this.
>

> Eh, changing stuff under /usr/vice/cache? That would be bad.
>
> Something that might be good for your setup:
>
> 1. /usr/vice/cache on seperate partition. It can even be ext2 as
>    it does not matter so much if you have to newfs it.
> 2. Memcache (if you only need a small cache).
>
> Harald.

--------------060005000204040501000103

<HTML><HEAD><META content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" http-equiv="Content-Type"></HEAD><BODY style="font-size: 9pt;font-family: tt;"><div style="font-size: 9pt;font-family: tt;">Thanks, I will try that out.&nbsp; Any thoughts on the mount options, would noatime, etc cause any problems?<BR>
<BR>
Randy Philipp<BR>
randy@umbc.edu<BR>
<BR>
Harald Barth wrote:<BR>
Also, this server is part of a Bright Cluster and there is an rsync from<BR>
the disk image during bootup.&nbsp; I can exclude the /usr/vice/cache<BR>
directory to prevent this.<BR>
<BR>
Eh, changing stuff under /usr/vice/cache? That would be bad.<BR>
<BR>
Something that might be good for your setup:<BR>
<BR>
1. /usr/vice/cache on seperate partition. It can even be ext2 as<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; it does not matter so much if you have to newfs it.<BR>
2. Memcache (if you only need a small cache).<BR>
<BR>
Harald.<BR>