[OpenAFS-devel] open issues for an openafs 1.8 branch

Chas Williams (CONTRACTOR) chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 30 Sep 2014 20:17:59 -0400

In message <542B1728.9060800@your-file-system.com>,Jeffrey Altman writes:
>> http://www.openafs.org/no-more-des.html
>
>Unfortunately, the no-more-des.html announcement was before the issues
>with IBM and the use of the Trademark were encountered.  My
>understanding is that the agreement requires support for the rxkad
>protocol in shipped binaries and the provisioning of the kaserver as a
>build option.  Failure to include rxkad support means the
>product/protocol cannot be called "AFS" or "AFS compatible".  Failure to
>provide the "kaserver" and related functionality as a build option is a
>requirement of use of the "OpenAFS" name.

I might parse this to mean that OpenAFS doesn't need to provide the pam
modules then.  The pam modules aren't pivotal to rxkad or the kaserver.
Continuing to provide klog of course would be necessary though I gather.