[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Compiling openafs on arm64/aarch64 architecture

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 2 Sep 2014 16:15:25 -0500

On Tue, 2 Sep 2014 12:55:31 -0700
Micheal Waltz <mwaltz@qualcomm.com> wrote:

> I did some research into this error, and found a thread on this list
> from 2009 regarding the ppc architecture [1] and appears it's related to
> the aarch64 glibc not having support for ucontext. Looking at
> src/config/param.arm_linux26.h, it specifically says that glibc doesn't
> implement getcontext/savecontext for arm.

Actually, I read over this a little too quickly, and I realize now
you're referencing an OpenAFS file for this information (I thought this
was coming from a system include file or something). That is quite old;
I'm not really sure if that's true anymore. Something you can try pretty
quickly is to just get rid of that #undef, and the build should try to
use ucontext (unless there's something else disabling it elsewhere, but
I wouldn't think so).

It looks like glibc does have a getcontext/makecontext for aarch64, but
I'm not looking into this deeply at the moment. I can verify later or
someone else can speak up, but you can also just try it and see if it
works :)

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net