[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Compiling openafs on arm64/aarch64 architecture

Micheal Waltz mwaltz@qualcomm.com
Wed, 3 Sep 2014 14:20:36 -0700

On 09/03/14 14:04, Chas Williams (CONTRACTOR) wrote:
> It looks like setcontext()/getcontext() will work on this system!
>
> If Andrew's latest patch he sent doesn't let you build a working lwp
> then I will see if I can figure out what else is needed if someone else
> doesn't figure it out first.

Chas, that's great news about setcontext()/getcontext() on aarch64. It
does look like the combination of patches worked and allowed it to
compile fully. I responded to Andrews thread with a combined patch file
that should work.

I did just run into the Debian openafs-modules-dkms that was built from
the 1.6.9 Debian source with this patch applied failing on:

checking your AFS sysname... configure: error: An AFS sysname is required

I haven't had time to dig into it much, but this is blocking the
compilation of the kernel module.

--
Micheal Waltz
Unix Configuration Management (go/ucm)