[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Compiling openafs on arm64/aarch64 architecture

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 3 Sep 2014 16:45:09 -0500

On Wed, 3 Sep 2014 13:47:55 -0700
Micheal Waltz <mwaltz@qualcomm.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to get this included in a 1.6.8 or future release?

The next release would be 1.6.10, currently in progress. This might be a
bit late for that, since I'm not sure exactly what we should do. The
patches I gave you would not go in the release as-is, since presumably
they would break other arm systems.

It seems like maybe aarch64 should be its own sysname, though, from what
I've seen here? Since it doesn't define __arm__ when compiling,
apparently, and it has its own gnu toolchain triplet component. Do you
(or others) agree? Should it be arm64_linux26, aarch64_linux26,
armv8a_linux26, or something else?

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net