[OpenAFS-devel] Stepping back from OpenAFS

Simon Wilkinson simonxwilkinson@gmail.com
Thu, 27 Aug 2015 16:53:50 +0100

Hi all,

As many of you will have noticed my contributions to OpenAFS, both in =
terms of code and reviews, have declined to virtually zero over the last =
18 months. As my family grows, it is harder and harder to find hobby =
time to work on OpenAFS.=20

So, I sadly need to step back from all of my various commitments within =
OpenAFS. In addition to writing code and reviewing this means I will no =
longer be serving as Security Officer (thanks to Daria for handling the =
most recent patch release in my absence), and I will also no longer be =
maintaining the OpenAFS gerrit instance, or the underlying git =
repository.

Much of this has already happened, but I felt it was important to note =
this publicly, and hopefully give others an opportunity to step up, =
rather than just drifting away.

Cheers,

Simon