[OpenAFS-devel] Buildbot upgrade complete

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Mon, 19 Jan 2015 13:03:44 -0500

Hi everyone,

The buildbot upgrade to v0.8.10 is complete along with the migration to
the new host. You may use buildbot and gerrit again. I've used port
forwarding on the old buildmaster to ensure that URL's and hostnames
work as before with minimal changes. The resubmission scripts for missed
gerrit changes are in place, but will need to be observed to ensure
proper behaviour.

I've confirmed that a gerrit patch triggers a build and buildbot submits
the status back to Gerrit. this was confirmed for a good and a bad build.

There are some follow-up items to handle:
* The buildbot slave software on the debian-i386 and aix builders needs
to be upgraded. I've removed the debian builder from gerrit builds until
that's fixed. Both builders will remain on the daily builds.
* After a few days of good behavior, the buildbot.openafs.org DNS alias
should be changed from buildbot-master.secure-endpoints.com to
openafs.mit.edu.

Please let me know if there are any questions, concerns, or problems
with the upgraded buildbot.

Sincerely,
Jason