[OpenAFS-devel] OpenSUSE tumbleweed build slave

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Sun, 25 Jan 2015 14:02:44 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 25 Jan 2015, Jason Edgecombe wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> opensuse 11 is end-of-life. Christof Hanke has been gracious enough to offer
> to upgrade the build slave to opensuse 13 or possibly tumbleweed. Tumbleweed
> is a rolling release that will be the next stable version of opensuse. The
> advantage of having a tuble weed slave is the automated compilation against
> failry recent Linux kernels.
>
> Are there any objections to going with tumbleweed or having both opensuse 13
> and tumbleweed?

This sort of rolling release means that new submissions which do not
introduce regressions could fail to be verified due to the installed OS
becoming incompatible with the existing openafs master branch.  If we have
the tumbleweed machine doing periodic builds and someone is watching that
output for regressions, then this would be a highly useful thing to have.
Is there a way for someone to get notified when periodic builds begin to
fail (other than having that person remember to look at the build logs)?

-Ben