[OpenAFS-devel] Openafs master kernel module does not build under Oracle Linux 3.8 unbreakable

Dave Botsch botsch@cnf.cornell.edu
Fri, 30 Jan 2015 18:48:12 -0500

Oracle is interesting as you have a choice of their kernel or the RedHat
compatible kernel. We use the RedHat compatible one... OpenAFS known to
work on RedHat being a big reason. But in the past OAFS has run off the
UEK kernel (when we booted it by accident). Maybe Oracle broke that,
now.

If you have a support contract with Oracle, you could certainly query
them about that. We don't have enough instances, unfortunately, to
dedicate an OEL box to the UEK kernel for stuff like this.

Though, if the UEK kernel is in Oracle's public yum repo, I certainly
would be willing to host a buildbot for OEL 6 if no one else can/etc.

--
David William Botsch