[OpenAFS-devel] FreeBSD 8.x buildslave going away; what to replace it with

Garrett Wollman wollman@csail.mit.edu
Mon, 1 Jun 2015 16:13:02 -0400

FreeBSD 8.4, and the entire FreeBSD 8.x branch, will reach end of life
at the end of this month, and at that time I'll be shutting down the
FreeBSD 8 buildslave.  Currently, this is the only FreeBSD buildslave
on a non-Heimdal system, which is the configuration that we (MIT
CSAIL) use but is fairly challenging to support because of the way
FreeBSD is (not) packaged.  I could put together a new FreeBSD 10.x
buildslave without Heimdal (i.e., using MIT Kerberos) if people
thought that was worthwhile from a test-coverage perspective; it would
get updated at the same time as other CSAIL servers.  But I'm not
going to go to this effort unless I get some indication from
developers that it would be worth my time.

-GAWollman