[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS server running on a Synology Diskstation 1515+

Kenneth Aaker kenaaker@gmail.com
Tue, 19 May 2015 12:04:55 -0500

Just in case someone is interested.

I have OpenAFS server running on a Synology Diskstation NAS box.  So
far, it seems to be doing the right things. I'm replicating volumes onto
it now and that is going Ok.

Some additional details.  The server is running in a Docker Container on
top of an OpenSUSE 13.2 Docker Image. The setup was fairly
straight-forward. The server is from the OpenSUSE file system repository
and the only customization I did was to add my CellServDB, ThisCell and
related files.  I'm using the bosserver as the Docker command to get the
container to run.

For replication, I'm getting about 85Mbytes/Second transfer rates on a
single 1Gb link. I'm only running file services on the container, I
didn't feel like fighting with the DB services stuff on the first go.

Ken Aaker