[OpenAFS-devel] scheduling gerrit downtime for gerrit upgrade

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Fri, 4 Sep 2015 20:09:52 +0000

Hi Ben,

On Sep 4, 2015, at 04:00 , Benjamin Kaduk wrote:

> We're running a pretty ancient version of gerrit, and now that I can =
no
> longer hide behind the excuse of "but Simon will do it eventually", =
I'm
> looking into taking some upgrades.

it's sad that Simon's departure from OpenAFS is the trigger, but it's =
great that you're looking into it.

> How much notice do people want before the outage?  Would it be =
terrible to
> just take the outage for the upgrade with no advance notice, if I end =
up
> having a chunk of time in which to do so?

No. Please go ahead when you have the opportunity.

I'll send a message to the effect of "it would be good if gerrit was =
usable for the next couple of hours" for the time being, when that's the =
case. No issue today though. I'm overdue regarding 1.6.14.1, but that =
may take a few more days :-(

	Stephan