[OpenAFS-devel] Draft AFS file server permissions description document

Nathaniel W Filardo nwf@cs.jhu.edu
Sat, 5 Sep 2015 18:17:58 -0400

--zcU1BeNsGC5ZCldZ

I mentioned this at the workshop and spent a little bit getting it closer to
being done... anyway, here it is for everyone's reading (dis)pleasure.  It's
something of a "come walk with me through the viced source" document, but
perhaps informative nevertheless (I know it was to me!).  It's certainly
more than a little rough around the edges, but I'd enjoy feedback:
http://hydra.ietfng.org/nwf/misc/afs-permissions.html

Looking forward, I would like to push a patch to gerrit that enables setting
GIDs by ordinary clients (who could otherwise mutate the file); I hope this
document helps make the case that there is no harm in so doing.

Cheers,
--nwf;

--zcU1BeNsGC5ZCldZ

--zcU1BeNsGC5ZCldZ--