[OpenAFS-devel] Linux 4.4 kernel change in keyring code makes OpenAFS build fail.

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Tue, 19 Jan 2016 17:24:12 +0100

On Jan 19, 2016, at 16:51 , Kenneth Aaker wrote:

> There is a change in the "struct key" construct in the Linux 4.4 =
kernel
> that removes the element pay.load.value.
>=20
> That seems to be where the pag value is stored.  I was going to try to
> patch it, but I'm not certain how the remaining fields in the payload
> struct are supposed to be used.

We know we're broken on Linux 4.4 :-(

Thanks to Michael La=DF, there are now two proposed changes available in =
gerrit:

=
http://gerrit.openafs.org/#/q/status:open+project:openafs+branch:master+to=
pic:linux-4.4

While they're probably not final, it would be most helpful if you could =
test them.

--=20
Stephan Wiesand
DESY -DV-