[OpenAFS-devel] Delay of minor releases on master PPA

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Fri, 24 Jun 2016 11:28:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 24 Jun 2016, Karl-Philipp Richter wrote:

> Hi,
> I was wondering if there's a policy about providing minor releases in
> the [Ubuntu OpenAFS master
> PPA](https://launchpad.net/~openafs/+archive/ubuntu/master), like the
> recently released 1.6.18.1. As of now it's still 1.6.18. If it's not
> done by a robot or delayed for a reason, I'd be happy if you'd provide
> the release in the PPA.

It is not done by a robot.  The OpenAFS team on launchpad
(https://launchpad.net/~openafs) manages it, which has a single member; if
you are logged in to launchpad, https://launchpad.net/~anders-kaseorg will
display a direct email address for Anders.

The Ubuntu packaging is usually derived from the Debian packaging for a
given release, but sometimes when I am slow to update Debian, Anders will
take the update in Ubuntu before it makes it into Debian.  I may have time
to update Debian this weekend, but my schedule is pretty busy at the
moment.

-Ben