[OpenAFS-devel] Quick start guide reference implementation

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Sun, 15 May 2016 14:15:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 14 May 2016, Karl-Philipp Richter wrote:

> Am 14.05.2016 um 19:48 schrieb Jeffrey Altman:
> > The /usr/sbin/asetkey command is not being executed because the binary cannot be found.
> Right, thanks. I corrected that in
> 7aeaa4bd12e7d2226739bcc43a193403a1734bca (used `git commit --amend`, so
> don't get confused by the history).
>
> Now `bos setcellname` fails with `bos: failed to set cell (could not
> find entry)`. I had that figured out at some point and found
> https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2006-November/024530.html
> which I don't see through. Maybe there's another bug in the script, but
> imo it should run through.

There are some errors early on about "failed to restart bosserver (you are
not authorized for this operation)" that make me wonder if travis is doing
something with users and permissions that is destined to fail.

Regardless, the only references to /etc/openafs/server that I see in the
log are talking about the CellServDB.  In the 1.6.x series, an empty
/etc/openafs/server/KeyFile is needed for the cell-configuration routines
to work, and I think a ThisCell file is needed, too, though I'm less sure
about that.

-Ben