[OpenAFS-devel] Approval function against spam for mailing list and issue tracker

Karl-Philipp Richter richter@richtercloud.de
Sun, 29 May 2016 12:02:09 +0200

Am 28.05.2016 um 16:56 schrieb Jeffrey Altman:
> Could you be more specific about whose archives you are looking at and
> which RT issues you believe are spam?
https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-devel/2016-May/020318.html,
but no others (I was confusing subjects containing a spam marker added
by recipients with actual spam), so the lists are quite free of it.

There were 3 or 4 spam reports in the issue tracker (between 133097 and
http://rt.central.org/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=133085). They must have
been deleted. So, if you as admins don't mind the issue tracker spam
fighting seems to work fine.

I was also worried about the possibility that spam gets on the list than
acutally present spam. If there is such a possibility, it might be
exploited later and it's "severe" because it can't be just deleted
(because it's sent to recipients and stored in archives).

Now, I'd say it doesn't seem to be a problem that needs to be dealt with
now.

-Kalle