[OpenAFS-devel] Migrating Fedora Build Slaves -- which to keep?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Mon, 07 Nov 2016 10:27:00 -0500

Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu> writes:

> On Sun, Nov 06, 2016 at 10:23:22PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
>>
>> Based on this feedback I'll migrate FC21 and FC20, but leave FC19 offline.
>>
>> FC25 should be online in about 10 days, once the release happens and I can
>> download the DVD ISO.
>
> Sounds good.  Thanks again,

Actually, 20 and 21 are taking much longer than expected because I need
to shrink the VMs ..  Even though only 5GB is in use, the vmdk files are
like 45GB each!  I made the mistake of trying to transfer that before I
realized I can shrink it in-place first and then perform the transfer.
Oops.  So FC20 has been down for a few hours first to transfer 45GB and
then to perform the shrink (which of course didn't work the first time
because I had to do it from within the VM).  FC21 was shrunk in place
and I'll take it down and transfer it once I'm done with FC20.

Live and learn!

> Ben

-derek