[OpenAFS-devel] cached files writes/updates on disconnected from server client

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@mit.edu
Wed, 5 Apr 2017 20:31:26 -0500

On Wed, Apr 05, 2017 at 04:21:08PM +0200, Yury Tsaregorodtsev wrote:
> Hello,
> can anyone tell me how to cache writes/updates operations if client lost connection (or connection is poor and slow) ?
> I have 6 hosts which need to use same files across them, hosts connected by LTE internet, all reads/writes should be close to realtime operations.
> There is no huge read/writes (around few MB/hour only).

Sadly, I think there is some substantial engineering effort needed
in order to modify openafs into something that can fulfil these
requirements.  There was some experimental work on a "disconnected
mode" several years ago, but it needs more work and has not
necessarily kept up with other changes elsewhere.
Multiple parallel writes may also cause poor performance, depending
on the details.

-Ben