[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Difficulties to compile OpenAFS 1.8.0 alpah1 e.g. on Solaris x86 5.10

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@mit.edu
Sat, 4 Feb 2017 22:20:54 -0600

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 07:18:25PM +0100, Karl Behler wrote:
> On 27.01.17 18:13, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
>
> So now the build went through.
> (There are still a lot of warnings about prototype mismatches. If they
> matter, please let me know.)

Well, it may matter; feel free to send them to me unicast.

> I guess I will first test the client against our running 1.6.18.3 servers.
> Is there somewhere a list how to test a new OpenAFS release?

I don't know of a particular enumerated list.  General use is worth trying
out for your normal personal access, and doing a git checkout and compilation
in AFS stresses things in a different way.  Things like bonnie++ or pjdfstest
might be useful for explicit stress testing, but I'm not sure that we expect
to pass all of those in the first place, so it may be more useful for a
developer to try.

Thanks,

Ben