[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Difficulties to compile OpenAFS 1.8.0 alpah1 e.g. on Solaris x86 5.10

Ted Creedon tcreedon@easystreet.net
Sun, 5 Feb 2017 17:32:57 +0000

my error, the libafs.ko was not copied to /lib/modules.
'
thanks
'
tedc
From: openafs-devel-admin@openafs.org <openafs-devel-admin@openafs.org> on =
behalf of Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu>
Sent: Saturday, February 4, 2017 8:20:54 PM
To: Karl Behler
Cc: openafs-devel@openafs.org
Subject: [OpenAFS-devel] Re: Difficulties to compile OpenAFS 1.8.0 alpah1 e=
.g. on Solaris x86 5.10

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 07:18:25PM +0100, Karl Behler wrote:
> On 27.01.17 18:13, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
>
> So now the build went through.
> (There are still a lot of warnings about prototype mismatches. If they
> matter, please let me know.)

Well, it may matter; feel free to send them to me unicast.

> I guess I will first test the client against our running 1.6.18.3 servers=
.
> Is there somewhere a list how to test a new OpenAFS release?

I don't know of a particular enumerated list.  General use is worth trying
out for your normal personal access, and doing a git checkout and compilati=
on
in AFS stresses things in a different way.  Things like bonnie++ or pjdfste=
st
might be useful for explicit stress testing, but I'm not sure that we expec=
to pass all of those in the first place, so it may be more useful for a
developer to try.

Thanks,

Ben