[OpenAFS-devel] Cross compilation fixes

Michael Raitza spacefrogg-openafs@spacefrogg.net
Wed, 17 Oct 2018 17:38:11 +0000

I tried to cross-compile openafs-1=2E8 for ARM64 on an X86-64 build system =
and found that openafs compiles several build-time tools, notably compile_e=
t, rxgen and config=2E They obviously fail to be usable during build time=
=2E=20

I made a proof-of-concept patch, which undoubtedly may need improvement, b=
ut I wanted to ask for comments on the direction to improve it=2E

Also, I haven't found any information on how to submit patches or PRs=2E

So I stop this message at this point waiting for interest and instructions=
=2E Once I can make the patch available, I'd be happy to point out my ideas=
 behind it=2E

Kind regards,=20
Michael