[OpenAFS-devel] Cross compilation fixes

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Wed, 17 Oct 2018 20:41:06 +0200

<spacefrogg-openafs@spacefrogg.net> wrote:
>=20
> I tried to cross-compile openafs-1.8 for ARM64 on an X86-64 build =
system and found that openafs compiles several build-time tools, notably =
compile_et, rxgen and config. They obviously fail to be usable during =
build time.=20
>=20
> I made a proof-of-concept patch, which undoubtedly may need =
improvement, but I wanted to ask for comments on the direction to =
improve it.
>=20
> Also, I haven't found any information on how to submit patches or PRs.

Please have a look at https://wiki.openafs.org/devel/GitDevelopers/ . =
The "any OpenID" part may be a bit misleading - a launchpad account will =
work.

Once you mastered this step, pushing your proposed change to =
gerrit.openafs.org for review by others is just what you're after.

> So I stop this message at this point waiting for interest and =
instructions. Once I can make the patch available, I'd be happy to point =
out my ideas behind it.

Your ideas behind the change should be pointed out in the commit =
message. That will make the description of your thoughts eternal when =
your change is accepted.

Please remember pushing to the master branch, not to one of the stable =
branches.

If you still have trouble making your contribution available to the =
project, please let us know.

Best regards,
	Stephan=