[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS on Raspi (ARM)

Derek Atkins derek@ihtfp.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2019 10:18:53 -0400

Hi,

Harald Barth <haba@kth.se> writes:

>> What size memcache?
>
> I think I tried someting between 0.5 and 1GB.
>
>> Try with a very very VERY small memcache.
>
> I think in the 90s we used sizes like 16MB or what do you mean? But
> IIRC I have used bigger memcache sices since then. Do you have any
> idea from what size it "blows up"?

IIRC, the memory required for a memcache is significantly higher than
the "size" you specify.  If you have 4G RAM, a 1G memcache is probably
*way* too large.

Still, for testing, start small and work up.  Maybe go with 100MB and
see if it works?  Note that the size of the inode cache is also
important for memory usage.

> Harald.

-derek
--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       derek@ihtfp.com             www.ihtfp.com