[OpenAFS-devel] Android studio hangs openafs

Mark Vitale mvitale@sinenomine.net
Mon, 30 Aug 2021 02:14:15 +0000

Markus,

> On Aug 29, 2021, at 9:25 AM, markus.suvanto@gmail.com wrote:
>=20
> My user case is android development and
> I like to keep my project files under /afs/mycell/...  but lately
> some chages in android studio/openafs/kernel/gentoo??
> has made this setup unusable. For example opening project file or=20
> saving changes can hang android studio over 60 seconds.
> When android studio is hanging command "ls -la /afs" hangs also,
> but "ls -la /afs/some/path" works.
<snip>
>=20
> Server: openafs 1.8.7 (gentoo)
> Client: openafs-1.8.8, kernel-5.13.13 (gentoo)

Thank you for your report. =20
During the hang, do you notice in syslog:
- any messages from the OpenAFS cache manager?
- any kernel BUG or soft lockup messages?

Also, do you notice any unusual increase in CPU usage,
either on your hung client, or on your fileservers?

Lastly, if none of these shed light on the issue, please
obtain a kernel backtrace while the problem is occurring:

# echo t > /proc/sysrq-trigger

Thanks,
--
Mark Vitale