[OpenAFS-devel] Android studio hangs openafs

markus.suvanto@gmail.com markus.suvanto@gmail.com
Mon, 30 Aug 2021 20:18:08 +0300

ma, 2021-08-30 kello 02:14 +0000, Mark Vitale kirjoitti:
> Markus,
>

> > On Aug 29, 2021, at 9:25 AM, markus.suvanto@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > My user case is android development and
> > I like to keep my project files under /afs/mycell/...  but lately
> > some chages in android studio/openafs/kernel/gentoo??
> > has made this setup unusable. For example opening project file or
> > saving changes can hang android studio over 60 seconds.
> > When android studio is hanging command "ls -la /afs" hangs also,
> > but "ls -la /afs/some/path" works.
> <snip>
> >
> > Server: openafs 1.8.7 (gentoo)
> > Client: openafs-1.8.8, kernel-5.13.13 (gentoo)
>
> Thank you for your report.
> During the hang, do you notice in syslog:
> - any messages from the OpenAFS cache manager?
> - any kernel BUG or soft lockup messages?

This time kernel is 5.14.0
Dmesg is clean before sysrq-trigger

> Also, do you notice any unusual increase in CPU usage,
> either on your hung client, or on your fileservers?
No, server and client loads are normal.

During hang command
ls -la /afs
will not return, but for example
ls -la /afs/station.com/
works normally

After hang is over, ls -la /afs returns and android studio becames responsive again.
Android studio reports:
2021-08-30 19:46:41,475 [ 641438]   WARN - .diagnostic.PerformanceWatcher - UI was frozen for 51104ms, details saved
to....

> Lastly, if none of these shed light on the issue, please
> obtain a kernel backtrace while the problem is occurring:
>
> # echo t > /proc/sysrq-trigger

kernel config, openafs config.log and journalctl (sysrq-trigger stuff) are here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZiQInTxJlxLLebij2f9jMgBT6LaiUUnB?usp=sharing

-Markus