[OpenAFS-devel] Latest build kernel panic on AIX 6.1 6100-09-12

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@mit.edu
Tue, 16 Aug 2022 08:46:36 -0700

On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 03:19:39PM +0000, Ben Huntsman wrote:
> Hey there!
>    Thank you, I will give that a try.
>
>    Dumb question though, how do I cherry-pick that commit into my topic branch?

Well ... in this case, since it was a simple+obvious fix I already merged
it into master, so you can just re-fetch the tip of master.

But in the general case, you'd need to be managing patches locally,
presumably with cherry-pick.  (The project in general uses a
cherry-pick-based workflow; the only times I remember using merge commits
are in the aftermath of security releases, e.g., if I need to make a
release that's "previous release plus security fix" but the existing
release branch is not suitable, and then I merge the security-fix branch
back in.)  Gerrit exposes each revision of each changeset as a distinct ref
that's fetchable -- in the upper right of the page there's a "Download"
dropdown that gives the command to fetch and checkout/cherry-pick/etc. the
specific change in question.  I'll also note that often a given change in
gerrit is part of a stack of changes, so you may need to grab predecessor
commits as well as the named one (but this one was standalone).

-Ben