[OpenAFS-devel] Regarding OpenAFS "project ideas"

Sahil icegambit91@gmail.com
Mon, 13 May 2024 11:37:19 +0530

Hello,

My name is Sahil. I have an interest in computer networks, distributed
systems and file systems although I don't have much experience in the
latter two. While searching for relevant project ideas I came across this
"project ideas" page [1].

I am interested in the project "netcat for rx". I think this will be a good
starter project since I am not very familiar with OpenAFS' architecture
or the Rx protocol but am comfortable with C and have worked on
networking projects in the past (eg: [2]).

Working on this project will enable me to understand how the Rx protocol
works and get familiar with OpenAFS. This will also help me work on the
more advanced projects in the list (assuming they are still open).

Is this project idea still of interest to OpenAFS? If so, and if no work has
started on this, I would like to work on it. I look forward to hearing from
you.

Regards,
Sahil
Github profile: https://github.com/valdaarhun