[OpenAFS-Doc] docbook conversion update

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 14:00:25 -0400

In message <87irxor5wl.fsf@windlord.stanford.edu>,Russ Allbery writes:
>having really solid man pages; I don't find that sort of index to be that
>useful, or printing out large sheafs of man pages that useful.  That being

it might be useful for others who are not as wise in the ways of
afs.  an index can be helpful in finding the right "word".  besides,
i hate to loose information.  someone indexed the man pages it would
be nice to keep that work.

>For the sort of index entries that are actually useful, I doubt you want
>to use X<>; indexing the page names will give you 90% of what's actually
>of interest for the man pages.

as long as you simply preserve the existing IDX tags i dont see a problem.
i can provide a mapping from IDXNNN to a string.  even if you didnt in
your initial conversion, it probably wouldnt be too difficult to go back
through and reinsert them.