[OpenAFS-Doc] docbook conversion of QuickStartUnix

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:21:21 -0400

In message <83f1799e05083005477ffcdac7@mail.gmail.com>,renato arruda writes:
>How did you convert from html to docbook? Did you write your own
>parser or used a generic parser for the conversion? Is there any
>chance I could look at it to see if i can be of any help?

i used this patch to an older version of tidy to do the bulk of
the conversion:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=1650&style=flat&viewday=1&viewmonth=200207

i had to make a few modifications (modify hN handling, multiple text
nodes, and some list changes) and they arent very pretty.  you dont get
to see my brain damaged coding).  some assorted perl scripts removed
the headers and footers, extracted and reinserted the index terms.

things that dont have a clear representation in html, like figures and
tables need to be converted manually.

i pretty happy with the existing conversion.  only the windows quickstart
document need converted although its more likely its entire content will
need replaced.  I suppose i could convert the 3.6 releasenotes as well but
they should be written from scratch for the 1.4 release.