[OpenAFS-Doc] Re: [OpenAFS-devel] The OpenAFS man page project

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Sun, 11 Dec 2005 08:20:30 -0800

"chas williams - CONTRACTOR" <chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> writes:

> regen.sh doesnt seem like the right place for this.  regen builds the
> configuration environment.  the configure script tests for features like
> pod2man and if the user wants a particular build feature like debugging
> or release.

The issue, though, is that we need to ship the pre-build man pages with
the distribution since we don't want to require that people have pod2man
installed in order to have man pages.  So I guess the other way to do it
would be to have a make release target that does all of that, rather than
doing it directly in regen, and leaving regen to only do the Autoconf
stuff.  That's what I did with INN.