[OpenAFS-Doc] Documentation evaluation

Michael D. Norwick mnorwick@centurytel.net
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:15:40 -0500

    As Mr. Altman pointed out (and I agree) an evaluation of the sources
of the current documentation
needs to be done.  I may be wrong but it appears that Mr. Creedon has
been doing some amount of
work on HTML-ization of certain docs.  I would like to know what his
exact sources were and where
I can find them in order to review them against what I already have
(versioning?).  Do the current
Web pages follow a particular stable version of OpenAFS, or are they
more general, depending on the
reader to review changelogs in the source (code) to find out about new
or obsolete methods?
I'm playing a little bit dumb here as I have my own answers to these
questions.  I would also like to
apologize to Ms. Filderman for my current lack of knowledge on her
contributions.
    I want to compliment those involved with the OpenAFS project.  I
just got done with an OpenAFS
client installation from rpms that took less than 30 minutes, and most
of that time was waiting for the
cache to fill.  I have limited programming skills but consider myself a
scriptorian (bash that is..) and
I am familiar with most of the editing and programming tools offered
under current Linux distributions.
I've collected references ranging from single page HOWTO's (which
worked) to the 816 page IBM
AFS Reference (and I read most of them too!).  From converting to open
source, to integrating with
current authentication methods, to making OpenAFS available on numerous
platforms, you've all
done a great work and I, for one, Thank You.

Michael

PS  I'm also just a guy in a basement, with a network and a vision.
Don't hold that against me :)