[OpenAFS-Doc] Final (from Latex) pdf's and html's available

Esther Filderman ecf@psc.edu
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:55:48 -0400

Ok, look.  There are certain requirements here:

1) We should be using one system.

2) It should be simple enough for a non-programmer to use. [Like, say,
   ME.]  It should not require "special instructions" to update files.

3) It *MUST* generate, at the minimum, both some sort of "printable
   format" and html.  HTML is a *must* for the website.

I would rather try to preserve the conversion that Ted has done but I
am not convinced that LaTex is the right format to be using for
everything, mostly because generating solid HTML seems to be such a
problem.

There are tools to convert LaTex to DocBook [amusingly, there are
tools to convert POD *to* LaTex but not the other way, that I can
find].  Perhaps that's the way we should go.

I'm still researching DocBook & POD.  I've also still got pneumonia
and am not up to speed on life.

e.