[OpenAFS-Doc] new man page: bos_util

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Sat, 11 Aug 2007 23:56:29 -0400

--------------070307000409040202020206

Hi,

Here is a new man page for pod8/bos_util.pod.

It's quite sparse because I can't find much info about the command,
aside that it works like asetkey for kerberos 4 and that it's deprecated.

I welcome any comments or insights. I figure this sparse page is better
than nothing.

Sincerely,
Jason

--------------070307000409040202020206

=head1 NAME

bos_util - Manipulate the AFS server Keyfile

=head1 SYNOPSIS

=for html

B<bos_util> S<<< [B<add>] <I<kvno>> >>> S<<< [B<adddes>] <I<kvno>> >>>
   S<<< [B<delete>] <I<kvno>> >>> [B<list>]

=for html

=head1 DESCRIPTION

The B<bos_util> command can manipulate the AFS server B<Keyfile>. It
can take a password from standard input and convert it into a keytab
and add it to the B<KeyFile>.

=head1 CAUTIONS

The B<bos_util> command uses Kerberos 4 password types like
B<kaserver> and should not be used because of this. B<asetkey> should
be used instead of B<bos_util>.

=head1 OPTIONS

=over 4

=item B<add> <I<kvno>>

Add a key to the B<KeyFile> using a password from standard input.

=item B<adddes> <I<kvno>>

Add a DES key to the B<KeyFile> using a password from standard input.

=item B<delete> <I<kvno>>

Delete the key with the specified kvno from the B<KeyFile>.

=item B<list>

List the keys in the B<KeyFile>.

=back

=head1 OUTPUT

=head1 EXAMPLES

=head1 PRIVILEGE REQUIRED

The issuer must be logged in as the local superuser root.

=head1 SEE ALSO

L<asetkey(8)>

=head1 COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2007 Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com>

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.
This man page was written by Jason Edgecombe for OpenAFS.

--------------070307000409040202020206--