[OpenAFS-Doc] doc testing script

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Fri, 17 Aug 2007 23:19:56 -0400

Russ Allbery wrote:
> Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> writes:
>

>> I forgot to mention. The easiest way to run the script is "prove
>> check-pod" This just shows the errors or "ok" for the bundle as opposed
>> to listing each file.
>>

> You did mention -- I just forgot to include that in the README or in the
> comment.  Thanks, I'll do that.  I didn't know about prove before.

cool.

FYI, the prove command is a perl command to run a perl unit test. The
check-pod script is a unit test for documentation. The check-pod script
prints out the results in Perl's TAP (Test Anything Protocol) which is
consumed and summarized by the "prove" command.

I learned this from the Perl Testing Developer's Notebook from O'Reilly.
I highly recommend it.

Jason