[OpenAFS-Doc] PR Pamphlet

Esther Filderman mizmoose@gmail.com
Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:37:35 -0400

> Some of the most common questions on #openafs involve people assuming
> that OpenAFS does read-write replication.  People go through the huge
> hassle of setting up a cell only to find that AFS does not replicate RW.
> That being said, I do not know how to put in a good way a list of things
> that AFS does not support.  Especially for a pamphlet.

I always say "Replication of non-static data" or "non-volitile data"
but perhaps that's too... advanced?  for PR blather.   Hrm.  Will
ponder this.

> Probably would be good to get some space on the pamphlets for sponsors
> to cover printing costs.  Assuming there are companies that would want
> to cover printing costs.

I hadn't thought of this;  I expect the cost or printing the pamphlets
to be less than printing the "quick ref" cards.   But I'm probably
wrong and they'll both be $$$.  But I bet I can find sponsors, between
SNA, AC&NC, Teradactyl, etc....

> A list of things in AFS that are anonymously accessible (and that people
> would care about) might be good.

Huh.  Like?

> Is http://www.dementia.org/twiki/bin/view/AFSLore/ the correct, official
> location?  I don't supose that something simple like
> http://wiki.openafs.org could redirect to there?  Or even
> http://www.openafs.org/wiki ?

The short answer to the longer story [i'll tell you on IRC] is that it
"should be moved back into openafs.org land any time now."

And tomorrow I'll wake up with a supermodel's body.  *cough*.  Ahem. Sorry.
I'll beat jhutz up about this some more.