[OpenAFS-Doc] new man pages: pts_interactive, pts_sleep, and pts_quit

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Fri, 17 Aug 2007 16:38:35 -0700

Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> writes:

> ok,

> I'm sorry for all of the different versions of the pts_* man pages I've
> been bombarding the list with, but here is what I believe to be my final
> versions of the pts pages. There are no pts pages left in the
> man-pages/README file.

> I've attached the latest versions of the pts source, pts sleep, pts
> interactive, and pts quit man pages along with a diff against the CVS
> head that shows my changes to existing files.

> I fixed some pod syntax errors in existing files (most of which were
> mine).

> The pts stuff should be safe to commit now. I'm done with it.

Thanks, applied, with appropriate modifications to reflect the fact that
these commands are available now even if OpenAFS isn't built with
supergroups.

Some notes for future patches:

* The second form of the command in the synopsis, which shows the
  abbreviated command name, should also show the acceptable abbreviations
  for all the options as well.  Options, like commands, can be abbreviated
  to the shortest string that's still unique.

* For command suites like pts where all the commands take some common
  options, just cut and paste the description of those options from other
  existing POD documentation for that command suite.  That way we don't
  have slightly different wordings of the same thing.  (An exception can
  be made if there's some specific point to that option for the command
  being described.)