[OpenAFS-Doc] doc testing script

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Fri, 17 Aug 2007 19:02:27 -0700

Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> writes:

> FYI, I'm still working on documentation. I've just been busier lately
> and I'm having trouble finding out what things do and how to use
> them. kseal is an example of this

Yeah, that's always a problem.  Feel free to ask on this list; sometimes I
can take a few moments to dig out information or reply with something from
memory, and that's still faster than writing the man page myself.  And
that may be the case for others as well.

kseal is a debugging program that I'm not sure we should even be
installing.  The right solution for it may be to just change the Makefile
to not install it.  You give it the username and the pre-salted password
for the AFS service key on the command line and it creates an AFS token
for you.  It lets you "forge" an AFS token with knowledge of the AFS
service ticket key without talking to a Kerberos server.