[OpenAFS-Doc] New man page: pod1/vos_convertROtoRW.pod

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Fri, 24 Aug 2007 22:17:30 -0400

--------------020407080103050809040003

Here is pod1/vos_convertROtoRW.pod.

I haven't stopped writing docs, I've just been busy lately. I'm working
full-time and taking a graduate-level class this Fall.

As always comments and criticisms are welcome.

Sincerely,
Jason

--------------020407080103050809040003

=head1 NAME

vos convertROtoRW - Converts a Read-Only volume into a Read/Write volume

=head1 SYNOPSIS

=for html

B<vos convertROtoRW> S<<< [B<-server>] <I<machine name>> >>>
   S<<< [B<-partition>] <I<partition name>> >>>
   S<<< [B<-id>] <I<volume name or ID>> >>> [B<-force>]
   S<<< [B<-cell> <I<cell name>>] >>> [B<-noauth>] [B<-localauth>]
   [B<-verbose>] [B<-encrypt>] [B<-help>]

=for html

=head1 DESCRIPTION

B<vos convertROtoRW> converts a Read-Only volume into a Read/Write
volume when the original Read/Write volume is no longer
available. This could be the result of many events such a failed disk,
failed server or an accidental deletion.

=head1 CAUTIONS

The command name is case-sensitive. It must be issued with the capital
"RO" and "RW".

=head1 OPTIONS

=over 4

=item B<-server> <I<server name>>

Identifies the file server machine that houses the Read-Only volume
which will be converted.

=item B<-partition> <I<partition name>>

Identifies the partition on the file server machine that houses the
Read-Only volume which will be converted.

=item B<-id> <I<volume ID>>

Specifies either the complete name or volume ID number of a read/write
volume.

=item B<-force>

Don't ask for confirmation.

=item B<-cell> <I<cell name>>

Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument
with the B<-localauth> flag. For more details, see L<vos(1)>.

=item B<-noauth>

Assigns the unprivileged identity C<anonymous> to the issuer. Do not
combine this flag with the B<-localauth> flag. For more details, see
L<vos(1)>.

=item B<-localauth>

Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local
F</usr/afs/etc/KeyFile> file. The B<vos> command interpreter presents it
to the Volume Server and Volume Location Server during mutual
authentication. Do not combine this flag with the B<-cell> argument or
B<-noauth> flag. For more details, see L<vos(1)>.

=item B<-verbose>

Produces on the standard output stream a detailed trace of the command's
execution. If this argument is omitted, only warnings and error messages
appear.

=item B<-encrypt>

Encrypts the command so that the operation's results are
not transmitted across the network in clear text.

=item B<-help>

Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are
ignored.

=back

=head1 EXAMPLES

The following example converts the read-only volume usr.readonly on
server1 to a read-write volume:

   % vos convertROtoRW server1 -id usr.readonly

=head1 PRIVILEGE REQUIRED

The issuer must be listed in the F</usr/afs/etc/UserList> file on the
machines specified with the B<-toserver> and B<-fromserver> arguments and
on each database server machine.  If the B<-localauth> flag is included,
the issuer must instead be logged on to a server machine as the local
superuser C<root>.

=head1 SEE ALSO

L<vos(1)>

=head1 COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2007 Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com>

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. This
man page was written by Jason Edgecombe for OpenAFS.

--------------020407080103050809040003--