[OpenAFS-Doc] document libexec

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Sun, 06 May 2007 13:57:03 -0700

Lars Wilke <lw@lwilke.de> writes:

> So i checked out the cvs tree and wondered where i would
> have to document the rxbind option of some of the services?
> In the pod8/{fileserver,...}.pod?

Yes.

> Can i just send a patch to this list?
> Which format then, unified?

Yes.  :)

> Btw. i see the old paths are used in this file. What would
> be the policy regarding this paths as these are the old
> transarc paths.

They're substituted at build time, so the installed man pages should be
fine.

> Another point as i first thought of putting it in the wiki,
> but the wiki is rather old and i am not sure if it is still
> used much.

I don't want to see stuff go into the wiki when it's a problem with the
existing man pages and we can just as easily fix the man pages.  The wiki
may be useful for presenting solutions in a different format, though.  But
updating the wiki shouldn't be an "instead"; wikis are in my opinion the
worst form of documentation, useful only when there isn't a good way to
get the information into the regular manual or for documenting weird side
cases or random information.  Wikis almost invariably have severe
organization problems and make it more difficult to find things.