[OpenAFS-Doc] document libexec

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Sun, 6 May 2007 16:58:46 -0500

Lars Wilke <lw@lwilke.de> wrote:
> Ok, as i wrote earlier what about a howto man page or an additional
> cookbook.html or faq.html for some quick recipes?
>
> I will add the rxbind stuff to the man pages. But getting the
> fileserver etc. to ignore the official ip which is found via
> the hostname was not straight forward, at least to me ;)

I think its better to tell people to set the machine hostname to the
correct thing before trying to get OpenAFS to work.  Yes, there are
exceptions, but that is what this mailing list is for.  If you want to
do something non-standard, it should not be easier than a web search for
more information.  And you don't want someone who thinks the problem is
the machine hostname to try out random flags until something changes.

Describing an uncommon situation within the provided documentation will
likely serve only to confuse the poor guy (or gal) trying to get a cell
up for the first time.  I really think that new AFS admins should be
encouraged to get things working on a single-homed machine before trying
to do crazy things with a multi-homed setup.

<<CDC