[OpenAFS-Doc] bos addhost -clone

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Wed, 18 May 2011 15:39:30 -0700

Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> writes:

> People that are paid to work on OpenAFS are paid to do specific things.
> Most people are working on per-project contracts.  The "workers" are
> paid to write code.  I don't know of any organizations that are
> interested in paying for the development of documentation.

Well, if Stanford funded any specific development, documentation of the
additional functionality would be part of our development contract and a
requirement for our contractor to be paid.  I would hope that other
organizations would have similar requirements.

That's not the same thing as what you're saying, of course.  That doesn't
help with documenting all the things that are already in the tree and
aren't documented, or generally updating the documentation as a whole.
But I think it's what Jeff was driving at, in terms of not digging our
hole deeper.