[OpenAFS-Doc] bos addhost -clone

Wed, 18 May 2011 18:25:20 -0400

--------------enig7AF4778A2CA35A4CE5BD7CD9

On 5/18/2011 5:36 PM, Jeff Blaine wrote:
> I can see maybe we disagree on what "working on OpenAFS"
> means? To me, as with any development effort, it means
> documentation updating or creation is absolutely part of
> it.

People that are paid to work on OpenAFS are paid to do specific things.
 Most people are working on per-project contracts.  The "workers" are
paid to write code.  I don't know of any organizations that are
interested in paying for the development of documentation.  If you are
aware of such organizations please send them my way so I can hire a full
time technical writer to work on OpenAFS.

A secondary issue is that developers tend not to be particularly good at
writing end user documentation or web site development, ...

Jeffrey Altman