[OpenAFS-Doc] Re: Subcommand help text

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 26 May 2011 12:53:21 -0500

On Thu, 26 May 2011 10:57:44 -0400
Jeff Blaine <jblaine@kickflop.net> wrote:

> 1.  Do we have a line-length restriction for help text
>      provided for each subcommand arg?  "don't resolve
>      addresses" for -noresolve, as an example

It would be best if the lines don't exceed 80 chars when output. I think
libcmd tries to keep its output to that limit, but I don't remember how
well it does. We could just make it wrap lines for you or something, if
you want to say something longer.

> 2.  Is there a way to provide an auxillary short block
>      of help text at the end of the output shown for
>      a subcommand?  Example, but not going to do it here:

I don't think so, but you get some space to write text before the
"Usage:" line in the last cmd_CreateSyntax arg. That's not sufficient?

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net