[OpenAFS] Problem during implementing AFS

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
08 Dec 2000 12:06:55 -0500

Jatin Nansi <linuxguru@india.com> writes:

> hi
>
> the machines name is node1
> DNS is not setup, but every host entry is there in /etc/hosts
> localhost is there in /etc/hosts.
>
> dns is there for the site, but there are no entries for node1.
>
> thanks

You might try setting up DNS and making sure 'node1' is in there.
This particular error seems to imply that name service is having a
problem:

> AuthLog--
> /usr/afs/bin/kaserver: problems with host name Ubik init failed
> ll database.
> Using level crypt for Ubik connections.
> ubik: primary address 127.0.0.1 does not exist

What happens if you 'host 127.0.0.1', 'host localhost', and 'host
node1'?

> Jatin

-derek