[OpenAFS] afs newbie and startup problem...

Corey Kovacs ckovacs@DEPAUW.EDU
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:28:39 -0500

After compiling the afs code (1.0.1) and going through the quick start
guide,
I get all the way up to the point of adding the root.afs volume where I
get the
following error

Failed to create the volume root.afs XXXXXXXXXX
: Input/output error
Error in vos create command.
: Input/output error

where XXXXXXXXXX is some long number never the same twice...
after executing

./vos create <machine_name> <partition_name> root.afs -cell <cell_name>
-noauth

can someone point me in the right direction as to what this means?

--
Corey Kovacs               "I know not with what weapons World War III
Computer Science Dept.      will be fought, but World War IV will be