[OpenAFS] AFS initial setup

Jatin Nansi linuxguru@india.com
Mon, 25 Dec 2000 00:29:31 -0500 (EST)

most likely u have a bad hosts file. just make sure that
ur machine points to the correct IP and not to lo0.
i could never understand tho why afs refuses to run on loopback
and will run nicely on a real ip.
any comments afs masters??

Jatin

Have a very merry christmas

------Original Message------
From: kkassab@us.ibm.com
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Sent: December 22, 2000 5:03:55 PM GMT
Subject: [OpenAFS] AFS initial setup

Hi all, I have been having a hard time with this and hope anyone can help.

I'm still in the initial stages with configuring an initial AFS cell on RH
6.2 and I'm currently on the step to create Authentication Database
entries.

Within kas, I get "Creating user afs  : [____] server or network not
responding" when I issue "create afs". And after I look at the BosLog I see
this:

Fri Dec 22 12:38:11 2000: Server directory access is okay
Fri Dec 22 12:38:11 2000: BNODE 'kaserver' repeatedly failed to start,
perhaps missing executable.
Fri Dec 22 12:38:11 2000: BNODE 'vlserver' repeatedly failed to start,
perhaps missing executable.
Fri Dec 22 12:38:11 2000: BNODE 'ptserver' repeatedly failed to start,
perhaps missing executable.
Fri Dec 22 12:38:11 2000: BNODE 'buserver' repeatedly failed to start,
perhaps missing executable.
Fri Dec 22 12:38:11 2000: BNODE 'ptserver' repeatedly failed to start,
perhaps missing executable.
Fri Dec 22 12:38:11 2000: BNODE 'vlserver' repeatedly failed to start,
perhaps missing executable.
Fri Dec 22 12:38:11 2000: BNODE 'kaserver' repeatedly failed to start,
perhaps missing executable.
Fri Dec 22 12:38:11 2000: BNODE 'buserver' repeatedly failed to start,
perhaps missing executable.

I have started the bosserver with the -noauth flag along with all my other
commands. I have followed the QkBegin.pdf exactly and everything appears to
be set up exactly as they presented it.

I have looked in the archives a bit and saw that Jatin Nansi had a similar
problem but it looked like it was related to having no DNS entry. I do and
I don't see any bind errors anywhere.

Is there something I'm missing, thanks in advance for any help I receive

-Kevin