[OpenAFS] openafs and win2k? wrt transarc 3.6.2.5 release

Michael Nelson mikenel@iapetus.com
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 17:37:19 -0500 (EST)

> Interesting... probably just minor bugs at this point.

Okay, I've got it working now -- sort of. I installed NetBEUI and then
using a program I wrote that dumps out the valid LANA IDs, tried 6 (which
comes after 0) to see what would happen, and it works. Without
NetBEUI, none of the LANA IDs work.

> For reference, on the commercial one, the only registry keys that I saw
> it install were in software/transarccorp/afs client/current version/3.6,
> or 'afs server'. Although we haven't looked around much.

There is stuff in
HKLM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Services\TransarcAFSDaemon too.

> As for the share names, I wasn't aware of 'all', but the other ones
> should be configured in C:\WINNT\afsdsbmt.ini. There is also a
> toolbar/systray thing that should allow you to configure mounts, klog,
> etc. There are a couple other files like that as well. Once you have a
> mount configured in that file, you should be able to attached
> \\hostname-afs\submountname to a drive without any user/password, and
> it will attach it.

All appears to point to the root.afs volume. I was fooling with afscreds
(the tray tool you refer to) before, but until I did the above, nothing
was working. I was picking on "all" because it is built-in and would work
if the basic functionality was working. Now it does.

> Which files didn't copy for you on linux? I haven't had any trouble.

My kernel's version # isn't one of the standard ones (I've been doing
stuff to it and wanted to distinguish it from the baseline 2.2.14) and I
think that confused the Makefiles. Some of the include file links (don't
remember the path) didn't get setup properly (they pointed to
/usr/src/linux-2.2.5-15 instead of the right place), and I seem to
remember one of the template makefiles not getting copied properly.

-mike