[OpenAFS] Directory layout for new cells

Sam Hartman hartmans@mit.edu
15 Nov 2000 17:59:35 -0500

    Derek> Sam Hartman <hartmans@MIT.EDU> writes:
    >> afs-rootvol and afs-newcell are separate because afs-rootvol
    >> requires tokens and afs-newcell runs before tokens can exist.

    Derek> That only implies that you need to setup your ptserver
    Derek> before you do the rest.  Nothing says you can't already
    Derek> have libafs loaded in your kernel.  So, I sstill don't see
    Derek> why they have to be two separate scripts.

I may get there.  This is sort of annoying because I don't want to run
afsd before root.afs exists.

    >> I do not plan to package kaserver unless I get significant
    >> requests from the Debian community to do so.  I would hate to
    >> accidentally encourage the spread of krb4 at this point in
    >> time.

    Derek> Fair enough.  I would at least package the ka client
    Derek> software.

I package klog and unlog.  I will package kpasswd but it is going to
be in its own package because there are so many kpasswds.